How about gifting dad an acre of land on the moon this Christmas? His deepest desire has always been to embark on a tour of the space and this unusual yet original gift will certainly pump up his spirits. Well I really dont have any plans to send him off so far, but to keep my loving dad smiling and living life king's size as he always does, here are a few gift ideas I came up with. Check them out and let me know your views:
- Personalised Photo Frames ($59.99- $79.99) with touching poems and a childhood picture of mine with dad when we used to go fishing or camping together.
- Digital Photo Frames
- Elvis Drinking Glasses ($7.50) – A set of two Elvis Rock n Roll drinking glasses in a sturdy acetate box, would make a great Christmas Gift for the Rock n' Roll Dad.
- Abbey Road Beatles Alarm Clock ($8.95) – Is your dad crazy about Beatles? Mine is. He has collected innumerable records and plays them for all his friends whever there is a party at his place. Guess this gift will remind him of the rock rock rocking 60s and the tantalising concerts he once attended.
- Bar Butler ($29.95)- Bar butler 4 shot loaded receptacles to hold bottles of various sizes up to 1 Litre on a revolving stand. Each leakproof dispenser pours 2 half ounce measures approx. So why not enjoy your drinks in style with this fabulous heavy duty revolving drink dispenser, just get a glass and place it beneath the leak-proof dispenser and enjoy.
http://www.countryactivities.co.uk/acatalog/Christmas_Gifts_For_Dad.html for more interesting ideas.
- Eye Massager- The Eyezone Massager ($14.99) – My dad simply loves to read. He also spends quite a large portion of his time working on the computer. So I thought this eye massager would be a perfect stress reliever. What do you feel?
- Shine on Electric Shoe Polisher ($39.95) – I am seriously getting this one for me as well. It is a perfect gift for any man who is simply tired of polishing his shoes every morning. Its handy and can be used right before an important meeting, a party and so on.
- Yello Birch Scottish Salmon Server ($37.85)- My dad's a really good cook, and whats more his favorite dish is salmon. So how about getting him a dish to serve his favorite fish in?
- Santa Wine Caddy- ($69.00)- Hand crafted from recycled steel and copper that is cut, bent, welded and brushed, the Santa Wine Caddy is truly a unique gift. Pair it with a favorite wine and your dad will be saying a toast of thanks to you this holiday season!
- Retro Music System ($299.00)- I can already visualise the smile on his face when he sees this one. I would say its a perfect Christmas gift for any dad.
- World's Best Hammock ($109.95)- This hammock beats all, providing that ultimate tropical holiday experience. Will surely turn into any daddy's favorite retreat.
- Viatek My Masseur-Portable Four Mode Contouring Back Massager ($34.99)- Provides soothing relief to tired and aching shoulders.
- Macro Blade Putter for the Golfer Dad($129.95)- Its revolutionary patented design features a unique grip that eliminates wrist break and gives one greater control of the putter head. It even features alignment lines on the top of the grip so you can hit it right where you want.
- Gone Fishing ($54.99)- Includes: Eagle Claw Snelled Fish Hooks, Fishing Bobbers ~ Assorted Sizes for All Fishing,"Fish Bait" Candy Gummy Worms, Blue Crab Bay Clam Dip Packets, Blue Crab Bay Seafood Marinade & Grilling Sauce, Brook Trout Classic Fishing Mug, de Geneve French Vanilla Coffee, Smoked Salmon Cheese Spread, Grissini Traditional Original Breadsticks, Honey Roasted Peanuts,...in a Round Galvanized Tin Bucket with Brass Handles.
- Boots- Yaktrax Walker ($17.97) for winter activities, Yaktrax Pro ( $24.97) for winter sports.
- 101 Piece Tool Set ($117.95)- Components: Screwdrivers Bit sets, Allan wrenches, Pliers, Hammer Wrenches, Adjustable wrench, Retractable box cutter, Mini screwdriver set, Ratchet set Tape measure etc.
Peep into http://fatherhood.about.com/cs/toppicks/tp/sportsgifts.htm for more.
For tech savvy dads
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1K Black Digital Camera $329.99
- USB cup warmer $9.95- This USB-powered mug warmer keeps flat-bottomed ceramic or metal mug warm at your desk. For dads who love to have their coffee or tea steaming hot all morning long.
- Laptops, DVD players, or iPods
For book lover dads
- John Bunyan's Pilgrims' Progress
- Micheal Ondaajte's Collection of Poetry
- Stephen Hawking's Black Hole Mystery
Check out the following for more: