Still fretting about not having finished your Christmas shopping? The busy streets, crowded malls, packed stores and grumbling shoppers are sure getting difficult to avoid with each passing day. Besides, those of you who haven't yet completed shopping may be missing out on some grand sales. But there is no need to worry. Here are some tips to help you out on your last minute shopping.
Make a list of all gift recipients and write down what sort of gift would be appropriate for each one. Next, devise a plan for the day, with possible stores lined up for each gift idea. Once you know where every item can be purchased, shop in order of priority.
Head to the shopping mall
Hit the nearest mall. After all, malls offer a multitude of gift options. Get a general idea of what you want to buy and from which stores. Once you know this, all it takes is a quick look at the mall map to plan the quickest route.
What to buy:
Jewelry for women, tools for older men, DVD players for friends, and electric pencil sharpeners for coworkers.
Department & chain stores
Hit big stores like Wal-Mart, Target or JC Penney. .
What to buy:
A bottle of liquor, drinking-related accessories like specialty glasses, shakers and drink recipe books. Cigars, picture frames, massagers and electronics, video games, DVDs, and books are other options.
For women, perfume, makeup cases), chocolates and cards.
For men, brushed chrome items like a digital camera, a DVD player, cologne or a nice shave kit.
Blockbuster, Barnes & Noble and Tower Records are all safe bets, especially if you don't mind buying everyone a similar gift. Starbucks is another original gift-buying destination.
What to buy:
If you go to Blockbuster, you'll be able to select from a variety of DVDs and videogames. You can't go wrong with classic James Bond flicks or popular box sets (The Sopranos or The Godfather for guys and Sex and the City for the ladies). At Starbucks, you can pick up trendy coffee mugs and exotic coffee beans.
(Only applies to in-stock items.)
Monday, Dec. 19 - Last day to order using Standard Shipping
Tuesday, Dec. 20 - Last day to order using 2-day Shipping
Wednesday, Dec. 21 - Last day to order using 1-day Shipping
Thursday, Dec. 22 - Last day to order select items using Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery
Barnes & Noble
(Pertains only to items usually shipped within 24 hours of placed order.)
Monday, Dec. 19 - Last day to order using Standard Delivery
Tuesday, Dec. 20 - Last day to order using Expedited Air Service
(Pertains only to in-stock items.)
Monday, Dec. 19 - Last day to order using FedEx 3-4 Business Days
Wednesday, Dec. 21 - Last day to order using FedEx 2nd Business Day
Thursday, Dec. 22 - Last day to order using FedEx Next Business Day
(Shipping options apply only to in-stock items marked "usually ships within 1 business day".)
Monday, Dec. 19 - Last day to order using Ground Shipping
Wednesday, Dec. 21 - Last day to order using 2nd Day Shipping
Thursday, Dec. 22 - Last day to order using Next Day Shipping
Mega Sale at Kohl's:
Click here for more online stores.
Top Last minute Christmas Gifts
- Rechargeable Batteries (with charger)
- Favorite “of the month” annual subscription
- CB Radios, or an emergency one for the car
- Noise-canceling headphones
- A desktop weather station
- Top Christmas Music CD's
Christmas is known for its music. During the season people flock to church for a performance of sacred music or to sing a few carols with friends. Why not bring the glory of the season into your loved one's life? These CD's are sure to cast their spell on all.
- Multi Function Pen
A gadget lovers dream, this Multi Function Pen has thirteen tools, all neatly concealed in a lightweight aluminum alloy casing. Whether you need to cut with it, carve, punch a hole, strip, scrape, screw, file or tweeze, the Multi Function Pen will do the trick. It’s like having a toolbox in your pen. And did you know, you could write with it too?
- Shari's Berries Tuxedo Chocolate Covered Strawberries- Treat your friends to Shari's Berries gourmet chocolate dipped strawberries and keep them asking for more.
- A favorite for many - a basket filled with scented soaps, lotions and bath oils or a Wine - Cheese & Cheers Gift Basket
- A handmade gift certificate for a complete, cooked dinner or a certain number of hours of babysitting or housecleaning.
- For a single man, homemade bread with butter and jelly included in fancy containers; 'instant soup' - your own homemade dehydrated vegetables mixed with bouillon, plus a small can of meat.
- A handmade gift certificate for washing the car, mowing the lawn, shoveling the sidewalk or a Super gift certificate.
- The American Airlines gift certificate is one of those gifts you give to a person you really care about -- Gift cards are available in denominations of $50 and $100 dollars -- and up to 8 gift cards can be redeemable for one flight.